This EIGHT-WEEK CLASS is challenging and life affirming. The instructor is accomplished, skilled at creating a safe, supportive and engaging experiential learning environment. During this foundational class you will receive:
- Guided instruction in mindfulness meditation practices
- Home practice materials
- Group and individualized guidance to learn how to integrate mindfulness into your everyday life
- Instruction to work with the ‘wandering mind' that arises while practicing mindfulness
- Techniques for meeting and navigating intense emotions
- Practices that cultivate positive states of mind like- gratitude, loving kindness, joy & compassion
- Membership to a community mindfulness group called An Awaken Heart, this Sangha group meets every month to continue learning and nourishing our mindfulness practice and community; An opportunity to meet the members of this Sangha group will be offered in Class 8
WHO WILL BENEFIT FROM THIS CLASS?
If you are interested in establishing a personal mindfulness practice, this is the place to start. Mindfulness has benefited people reporting a variety of conditions and concerns:
Stress- including work, school, family, financial, illness, aging, grief, uncertainty about the future, and feeling out of control;
Medical conditions- including chronic illness, pain, high blood pressure, fibromyalgia, cancer, heart disease, asthma, GI distress, skin disorders, and many other conditions;
Psychological distress- including anxiety, panic, fatigue, and sleep disturbances;
Prevention and Wellness- including health enhancement and learning how to take good care of yourself, feeling a greater sense of balance and cultivating inner resilience.
Mindfulness Class fees are on a sliding scale basis. This allows individuals to pay according to individual means. There are three rates- Sustainable, Mid, and Base.
Payment at the Base rate covers about 50% of what is needed. To balance our budget and to wisely steward our resources we rely on your honesty and generosity. The Sustainable rate represents what is needed to create a sustainable livelihood. If you can afford this level, you assist our efforts to offer lower sliding-scale rates and ongoing financial subsidies.
MINDFUL LIVING CLASS FEES
Base: $170 Mid: $245 Sustainable: $295
Payment plans available; Payments can be made by check or cash.
FOR MORE INFORMATION AND TO REGISTER CONTACT
ROBIN THOMPSON, RN 860-942-9049